- Vacancy NumberMCA039-2020
- Salary OfferAs per MCA Salary Scale
- Total Years ExperienceExperience working on humanitarian programs and fi
- EducationHigh School Graduate is required and university degree is preferable
- Contract Duration15 Days
- No. Of Jobs:3
- GenderMale, Female
About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world’s toughest places with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives. Our worldwide team in more than 40 countries is improving the lives of 28 million people. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.mercycorps.org.
Mercy Corps has been working in Afghanistan continuously since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational and natural resource management; it has helped more than 2.5 million Afghans through these wide-range of community–based agriculture and economic development programs. It is to mention that currently Mercy Corps is working in Kabul, Kandahar, Helmand, Takhar, Badakhshan, Parwan, Baghlan, Urozgan, Nangarhar and Herat.
Economic Infrastructure Development Afghanistan Phase III (EIDA III) is to be implemented in Takhar, Baghlan and Badakhshan provinces The objective of EIDA baseline survey is to identify farmer’s concerns, perceptions and attitudes on a range of issues related to rehabilitation of rural access roads, smaller bridges, access to market, storage and wheat fortification facilities as well as seed banks in the Northern provinces of Afghanistan in order to improve market access opportunities, household income and employment opportunities in the area.
- Participate in two days training on the assessment tools as well as paper-based and mobile data collection
- Participate in testing the questionnaire and provide input for enrichment of data collection instrument.
- Become familiar with the assessment questions in advance so they can keep eye contact with the respondent while asking question, without referring to the questionnaire or tablet frequently.
- Understand each question correctly and it is essential that all enumerators have exactly similar understanding about questions.
- Get familiar with the work plan provided by the team supervisor and follow it accordingly. If the enumerator has question, it should be asked before leaving for data collection purpose.
- Conduct all necessary surveys as instructed by the team supervisor.
- Ensure that protection principles are upheld at all times while collecting data, and respect and ensure the confidentiality, privacy, and if necessary, anonymity of survey participants.
- Be respectful to local tradition and values and laws.
- Be patient while speaking and listening to the respondents and make sure not to fall behind the schedule.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of data collected by conducting daily checks of completed questionnaires at the end of the day.
- Abide with security protocols as instructed during data collection.
- Upload electronically collected data to a password-protected server on a daily basis and request target achieved for each category in order to keep track of progress.
- Data entry/transfer under the supervision. (if applicable)
- Be on time and punctual to duty station as mentioned in the ToR or in the Contract.
- Have a functional mobile number during data collection period.
- Other duties as assigned by team supervisor.
- High School Graduate is required and university degree is preferable.
- Fluent in Pashto and Dari languages.
- Good knowledge of reading and understanding in English language.
- Good understanding of Afghanistan culture, tradition and values.
- Familiarity with target locations at province, district and community/village-level.
- Experience with Open Data Kit (ODK), Ona, Kobo Toolbox and mobile data collection preferred but not necessary.
- Experience working on humanitarian programs and field assessments is preferable.
While sending your CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration. Please include three references from you previous and current supervisors in your CV and make sure that their official email addresses are mentioned in the reference information.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should send their Application To: Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org