- Vacancy NumberHR-001/DPDI
- Salary OfferAccording to Organization Salary scale
- Total Years Experience5 years of experience teaching
- EducationBachelor’s degree in English Language Education and an IELTS score of 7 or above with a track record
- Contract DurationOne Year&(Extendable)
- No. Of Jobs:2
- GenderMale, Female
About Dunya Professional Development Institute :
Dunya Professional Development Institute (DPDI) is offering a broad range of internationally recognized certifications, trainings and educational courses throughout Afghanistan to Students, private businesses, non-profit agencies, NGOs, and governmental sectors. The Institute will draw on the expertise of the excellent faculty at the Dunya University in Afghanistan and others to provide courses custom in general sectors to specific needs as well as courses offered on an open enrollment basis. This expertise includes the English Language, Business Administration and Management, Public Administration, Information Technologies and Diplomacy.
DPDI is also providing testing services for internationally recognized certifying organizations. Some of the many tests DPDI offers include TOEFL IBT, ACCA, Microsoft, etc.
The Professional Development Institute will provide courses based on the specialized needs of clients. For example, the Institute can provide short-courses on topics like accounting, finance, project management, human resource management, and information technologies. In addition, the Institute can develop customized certificate programs in areas like management and public administration. DPDI is extensively working towards Afghanistan’s public and private sectors, donors’ communities, embassies and other entities for their individual and institutional capacity building.
We are looking for an experienced English teacher to join our bright team. If you love English and have the ability to teach the language with patience and tact, let’s meet.
Your main goal will be to create a supportive learning environment which will help your students meet their learning goals. Through interesting and diverse methods, you’ll teach them the important rules of reading, writing, and speaking in English. You’ll oversee their progress by tracking their assignment and exam grades, in order to provide useful feedback.
- Create lesson plans for students
- Ensure that the classroom stays orderly
- Assign books for students to read
- Organize classroom lectures and coursework
- Prepare materials and activities
- Assign homework and interesting exercises
- Identify students with special requirements and create individualized plans
- Determine exam and assignment grades
- Provide feedback based on workload and classroom behavior
- Keep a record of students’ attendance and grades
- Research new language teaching methods
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Inform Students about their performance
- Collaborate with teaching staff and administrators to foster a good student experience
Bachelor’s degree in English Language Education and an IELTS score of 7 or above and TOEFL Score of 100 or above with a track record of teaching English and IELTS / TOELF preparation in academic institutions. Master’s degree in the relevant field is a preference.
At least five years of experience with proven record of success in teaching English and IELTS/ TOEFL preparation to adult learners
- Previous experience as an English teacher
- Knowledge of various teaching methods
- Deep understanding of the national curriculum and English language requirements
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- A patient and resilient personality
- Dedication to students and education
- BSc/BA in English Language or English Literature; MSc is a plus
- 5 years of experience teaching
- Comfortable working with students of different levels
- Great speaking and writing skills
- Ability to create lesson plans
- Ability to pass a background check
- Great interpersonal skills
- Great grammar knowledge
- Knowledge about great works of literature
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV and cover letter via Email below:
HR@dunya.edu.af /DPDI@dunya.edu.af Contact number: 0093 784236263
Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly at Dunya University’s HRM Unit in Kabul, at Darul Aman Road Dunya University’s Main Campus.
Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.