About American University of Afghanistan (AUAF):
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The electrical technician (Electrician) is responsible for the day-to-day electrical installation, repair and maintenance works on both commercial, industrial and residential facilities.
Ensure power is available at all times, On-Grid or Backup generators. Able to work on flexibility time or on emergency breakdown calls, willing to work on 24/7 Shift schedule.
- Perform general electromechanical repairs and troubleshoots on systems and equipment, ensuring adherence to code requirements.
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures in industrial, commercial and residential settings
- Proven hands-on exposure to low voltage up to 600Volts. Certification as an Electrician is an advantage.
- Skilled to initiate orders for Electrical parts/components, equipment & material necessary to complete job.
- Familiar with power facility components like transformer, generator, ATS, MTS, voltage stabilizers, electrical panels and distribution boards, circuit breakers, renewable solar power system, batteries, UPS’s, Inverters, Rectifiers
- Cary-out all residential and commercial electrical installation, repair and maintenance works such as lighting, convenience sockets, fire alarm, and other electrical feed equipment and appliances.
- Assist in maintaining clean, orderly and hazard-free work areas
- Ability to work without close, direct supervision
- Flexible and willing to adopt 24/7 system emergency On-Call trouble
- Willing to work on any 3 shifting schedule, 7 day, 24 hour coverage
- Minimum theoretical knowledge: Basic Ohm’s Law Circuitry
- Minimum education at least earned any Certification as an Electrician. A Baccalaureate Degree from the technical institutions is an advantage.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Good organizational and administrative abilities.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Fluent in Dari and Pashtu.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with people from a variety of backgrounds
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document to email@example.com Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Electrical Technician (Electrician)” in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before July 24, 2018. After reviews of the applications, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up in the AUAF West campus.
AUAF job form
SalaryAs per organization salary policy
Contract Duration1 year
Number of positions1