- Vacancy NumberDistrict Manager-691
- Salary Offer50,000 AFN/Month
- Total Years Experience4 years
- EducationBachelor degree
- Contract Duration3 MONTHS
- No. Of Jobs:12
- GenderMale, Female
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and also advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all of our work.
The District Manager will work under the technical guidance of the Citizens’ Charter Afghanistan Program (CCAP) provincial manager and coordination with the district level PMU, CDCs, DDA, government authorities and other programs of AAA in the district, the position will provide overall leadership and management and ensure the timely implementation of the REACH at the district level, including coordinating and communicating with the district authority.
Job Responsibilities 01: Manage operational efficiency of project implementation and facilitation (CCNPP) at community and district level.
- Acting as a channel- on behalf of AAA to introduce and explain REACH goals and objectives to the various targeted communities, district authorities and other actors in the district.
- Ensure that the district program is implemented and facilitated in a professional and timely manner and in accordance with ActionAid and REACH standards manuals, policies, procedures, and commitment to communities
- Assist communities to establish their own local governance structure through using secret ballot and democratic election process accordingly to CCNPP standards manuals.
- Work closely and collaboratively with provincial and district staff to foster good communication, cooperation and harmony within the team and promote individual and collective commitment to program quality.
- Assist CDCs in planning, implementation, management, and most importantly field monitoring of the subprojects in their villages.
- Chair monthly, weekly, and especial staff meetings to plan accordingly and to collect information and report on program progress with identifying key areas which are impact on the implementation for the successful implementation.
- Promote the rights, equality, role, and empowerment of women, both within ActionAid and externally and ensure that all other staff do likewise to make sure women empowerment and social inclusion are integrated according to CCNPP standards manuals.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual and quarterly district work plans and budgets and assist the Provincial Manager in compiling and re-working these, as necessary.
- Prepare regular monthly and quarterly reports of progress to the provincial office.
- Supervise and motivate the district team, continuously assess the quality of their work and technical competence, and give feedback as required to make sure CCNPP standards manuals applied.
- Closely monitor the implementation of the district REACH activities in the field, monitor the quality of the interventions and ensure the program milestones and contractual obligations are consistently met.
- Follow up on delays and problems, providing timely technical and managerial support as required.
Job Responsibilities 02: Management and Leadership
- Show excellence in leadership, management, and client liaison at district level within and outside organization.
- Ensure the security and safety of ActionAid’s staff and assets in the district and report all related concerns and actions to the provincial office.
- Identify and ensure that the district team’s requirements for capacity building are met through on-the-job training, coaching, mentoring, self-directed learning, and other means as appropriate.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring in the form of ‘learning by doing’ and ‘leading by example’ on program quality, policy, and communication portfolio in coordination with other key teams
- Demand on the job orientation and training from provincial office as per the needs of staff capacity to make sure the staff are implementing and facilitating with the full capacity and awareness on CCNPP manuals.
Job Responsibilities 03: Coordination
- Ensure highest levels of coordination within the district team through close interaction and information sharing meetings, proper planning and with external stakeholders at district level (coordination with the district level PMU, CDCs, DDA, government authorities and external and internal visitors)
- Attend all pertinent district level meeting organized by local authorities, stakeholder, and PMU regarding development intervention, local governance empowerment and provide necessary inputs and report accordingly.
- Maintain coordination among the parties involved in the program on various issues related to the program and its management.
- Act as a representative of ActionAid and the consortium in all external relationships within the district.
Job Responsibilities 04: Accountability and Transparency
- Ensure financial management controls are effectively applied within the district office.
- Organize and lead internal district staff meetings and working groups and ensure that ActionAid is fully aware of and complies with district plans and policy.
- Monitor district program expenditure in collaboration with the Provincial Manager, follow up on any discrepancies and prepare monthly cash requests based on need and available funds.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, Public Administration, Social Science, and other related subjects.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience at the manager or coordinator level.
- Previous work experience in NSP program is highly desirable.
- Committed to the mission, approach, and values
- Ability to work hard and long, self-driven
- Flexible, patient and ability to mentor others
- Committed to travel to the field
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in matrix relationship
- Ability to build, strengthen and maintain strong coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience and understanding of international humanitarian and development work.
- Cleary exhibited knowledge of sustainability and exit strategies.
- Excellent skill in English, Dari & Pashto.
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to email@example.com before August 08, 2020. Please clearly indicate District Manager-691 in the subject of your email., ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies.
We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time or increase or decrease the number of vacancy.