- Vacancy NumberAAA-348
- Salary OfferAccording to Ariana Afghan Airlines Salary Scale
- Total Years ExperienceMinimum of 10 years’ aviation experience
- EducationAt least must be having Bachelor degree
- Contract DurationPermanent
- No. Of Jobs:1
About Ariana Afghan Airlines:
Ariana Afghan Airline (AAA) is a State-Owned-Company and is operating in accordance with Afghan laws, Afghanistan Civil Aviation regulations, ICAO standards and recommendations, and IATA rules.
Ariana Afghan Airlines Co. Ltd is the oldest airline of Afghanistan and serves as the country’s national carrier, established in 27th January 1955. The company operates from Hamid Karzai International Airport (HKIA)-Kabul, from where it operates domestically and provides international linkages to countries like China, India, Russia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Turkey.
The company used to be one of the popular carriers in the region as well as in the world and was a reliable partner with Pan American Company, holding 49% shares in Ariana Afghan Airline with flights to most of the countries in the world including USA. However, due to the past decades of war, Ariana Afghan Airline has been badly affected and is not able to operate as a successful company.
The company is governed by Board of Management, Board of Directors, Board of Shareholders, and Board of Supervisors. The major shareholders of the company are Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economy, Afghan National Bank (BMA) and Pashtany Bank.
The Director Flight Operations (DFO) is responsible for ensuring regulatory compliances and ensuring that the airline’s flight operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with ACAA (Afghan Civil Aviation Authority) and Ariana Afghan Airlines company regulations. As such, the DFO will be referred to the ACAA for acceptance as Nominated Person for Flight Operations, and will be a member of the Ariana Afghan Airline Senior Management Team.
The principal responsibility of the DFO is to take all possible and practicable steps to ensure the safety, security and ensure efficient overall operation of all Ariana Afghan Airline aircraft fleet.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly report to Chief Operating Officer and the Accountable Manager on regulatory matters.
- Ensure compliance within the flight operations department where company policy and legal requirements are met in accordance with ACAA Standards and Regulations.
- Providing strong leadership that conveys Ariana Afghan Airline commitment to the highest possible safety standards.
- Develop, maintain and document procedures to ensure safe and efficient operation of all company aircraft fleet.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Ariana Afghan Airlines operations manuals and other operational documentation.
- Oversee the preparation and management of the flight operations budget to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Responsible for directing the management of flight safety, line operations, training and discipline with the department.
- Represent Ariana Afghan Airlines in various capacities within the aviation industry and act as the primary interface with the ACAA as necessary, to ensure the airline’s operations are compliant with the requirements of the AOC.
- Responsible for the management and supervision of flight operations and crew training in accordance with regulatory requirements including the development and checking of line standards across the fleet.
- Selection and recruitment of flight crew including the designation of aircraft commanders and training personnel in consultation with the Head of Training/ HR.
- Ensuring that flight operation’s employees have the necessary resources to perform their functions in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Oversee the maintenance of all Ariana Afghan Airline records for flight operations and training, ensuring all crews are properly licensed and authorised.
- Responsible for corrective action implementation within the department resulting from audits conducted under the compliance monitoring function.
- Ensure the competency of key flight operations personnel is maintained to the required regulatory standards.
- Ensure that any contracted services meet the required standard
- Minimum of 10 years’ aviation experience to include 5 years’ airline command experience.
- Hold or have held an Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL), and previous employment in a regulatory environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of civil aviation regulations, standards and recommended practices (ICAO, IATA)
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership, strategic vision and managerial competency.
- Highly commercial and customer focused with intellectual rigor.
- Previous Post-holder / Nominated Person experience.
- Previous experience dealing with aviation regulatory authorities.
- Previous experience developing and managing departmental budgets.
- Previous experience with the IOSA accreditation process.
- Proven business acumen.
- Ensure Ariana Afghan Airlines is IOSA and IATA certified within a reasonable timeframe.
- Previous experience on the Airbus (A310-300) and Boeing (737-400/500) aircraft.
- Natural teamwork skills with demonstrable experience of leading and managing people.
- Highly disciplined individual who sets and works to strict deadlines and ensures that other managers correspondingly adhere to such deadlines.
- Creative, innovative and idea driven, capable of identifying innovative strategic development opportunities and driving the creation of new ideas and/or stimulating other’s, internally or externally to do so.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written, and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels both internally and externally;
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to fully assess situations, grasp issues, solve problems and make clear concise recommendations on key operational decisions.
- Energetic individual who has clear ability to work with projects in parallel to the core responsibilities of the role.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative and commitment.
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All applicants must write their names,position title and vacancy in the subject line.