- Vacancy NumberSJTLSC - 0024
- Salary OfferAs Per Organization's Policy
- Total Years Experience1 year
- EducationHigh School Graduate
- Contract Duration6 Months
- No. Of Jobs:6
- GenderMale, Female
About Salim Jawid Transportation & Logistics Services Co :
Salim Jawid Transportation and Logistics Services Company is a fully Afghan-owned company. SJTLSC is headquartered in Kabul.
SJTLSC is currently managing a project for UNICEF to hire, deploy and manage Technical Extenders for the humanitarian activities across Afghanistan.
The Convention on the Rights of the Child (1989) specifies that every child has the right to be registered at birth without any discrimination (Article 7). The Afghanistan Civil Registration Law (2014) obliges the parent or legal guardian of the child to report the child birth to the nearest civil registration office or birth registration center within 3 months (Article 17).
Apart from being the first legal acknowledgement of a child’s existence, birth registration is central to ensuring that children are counted and have access to basic services such as health, social security and education. Knowing the age of a child is central to protecting them from child labour, being arrested and treated as adults in the justice system, forcible conscription in armed forces, child marriage, trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Registration of vital events has been practiced inconsistently in Afghanistan since 1878. The current official CRVS system was established in 1977 under the Ministry of Interior (MOI) and Central Statistics Office (CSO). Recently the CRVS function is separated from MoI and it has been merged with National Statistics and Information Authority(NSIA).
The Vital Statistics and Foreigner Registration Directorate under DG of CRVS-NSIA is responsible for the collection of vital registration events including births, deaths, marriages and divorces and uses a decentralized system. A web-based computer database has been developed that is capable of registering both birth and death and it is functional in most of the provinces.
Main Purpose of the post:
To support Vital Statistic and Foreigner Registration Directorate under DG CRVS of NSIA in data entry of birth registration forms in to the birth registration database.
Duty Station: To be based in Vital Statistic Directorate, Kabul
Supervisor: Directorate of Vital Statistics and Child Protection Section of UNICEF
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the post:
• Ensure timely entry of birth registration cards and vital statistic information to the database
• Ensure achieving the daily target of the data entry to the database
• Ensure compliance with the required data quality measures
• Observe civil servant role and regulations
• Report on daily bases to the Vital Statistic Directorate
• Any other relevant task assigned by supervisor
• Minimum graduate of 12th grade degree, bachelor degree holders are preferred
• One-year experience in data entry to database
• Fluency in Dari and Pashto
• English basic knowledge is preferred
• Be able to obtain cut-off score in practical test of data entry in local language (Considering speed and quality of data entry)
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to below email before 16:00 hrs Local Time, 07 August 2020. Applications will be rejected after the closing time and date.
Please clearly write the position name, reference number you apply for in the subject line of your email otherwise your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.
- Total Jobs 163 Jobs