- Vacancy Number CRD12/20
- Salary Offer NTA, Grade E
- Total Years Experience Extensive experience in training of health profess
- Education Qualified health professional (doctor, nurse, midwife)
- Contract Duration 6 Months
- No. Of Jobs: 5
- Gender Male, Female
Background Information – Cordaid
Cordaid was established in 2000, when several Dutch aid organizations joined forces. But our history goes back more than a century. Cordaid has changed over the years and is more than a donor now. Reducing fragility has become our core priority and we work in all contexts of fragility, from relief, through rehabilitation to longer term development. To do this effectively we seek funds, start partnerships and compete on a global market.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments and inspired by compassion, solidarity and subsidiarity, Cordaid’s mission is to reduce fragility and the vulnerability of people where it is most needed and most difficult. We recognize that the overriding challenge in fragile and (post-)conflict countries is restoring trust and social cohesion, at community level and between communities and the state. This is what Cordaid does, right in the heart of communities, by mobilizing global networks, resources and knowledge. By doing this, we help people move beyond survival and live in dignity.
Cordaid does this by promoting equality and social inclusion, by increasing the resilience of people and societies and by strengthening the social contract between citizens and their governments. Wherever we can, we combine lifesaving humanitarian aid with the longer-term improvement of health care systems, economic opportunities and resilience, and the promotion of security and justice.
Background Information – Afghanistan Country Office
Cordaid has been active in Afghanistan since 2001, aiming at a stable and peaceful country. We work in 6 thematic areas: health care, humanitarian aid, resilience, security and justice, private sector development, and lobby and advocacy which is supporting activities of all target thematic areas. We provide programmatic leadership and require that our operations and those of our local partners are implemented to the highest standards complemented with knowledge generation that incorporates best practices and lessons learned.
Background Information – Job-specific
As part of the global community, Afghanistan is at risk of developing the outbreak. Though Ministry of Public Health has announced 40 confirmed cases of COVID-19 so far, which may account for the relatively low number of confirmed cases given the high number of border crossings with Iran where there are thousands of cases.
To contribut to the health response in mitigation of the recent COVID-19 outbreak and reduce related morbidity and mortality, Cordaid mobilizes resources for implementation of cost effective and high impact interventions in close coordination with MoPH and health partners, to strengthen effective humanitarian health actions in Afgahnistan.
Considering the WHO recommendations, Cordaid will focus on prevention of widespread community transmission through community engagement and awareness, effective coordination, and capacity building of the local health staff.
The incumbent of this position is mainly responsible for provision of technical support to the provincial health facility staff to enhance COVID-19 preparedness, prevention, response and recovery. He/she is supposed to strengthen community engagement and enusre community awareness about the disease.
- Build the capacity of health facility staff and health workers to conduct preparedness activities, provide preventive services, treat mild cases, and refer servere cases to specialized health centers/hospitals
- Conduct training courses for health facility staff, and orientation session for community representatives on COVID-19
- Make sure that teaching materials are updated that can address the need of health staff and community
- Ensure proper distribution of the IEC and hygiene material in the community
- Coordinate with provincial MoPH and health partners, including BPHS and EPHS implemting NGO, for better results at the area of responsibility
- Oversee implementation of the program at the health facility and community levels
- Provide activity reports and develop success stories from the relevant health teams and community
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Qualified health professional (doctor, nurse, midwife)
- Extensive experience in training of health professionals and community engagement
- Demonstrated ability in competency-based adult education and clinical training
- Able to travel extensively in the provinces- up to 70% of the time
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Spoken and written competence in Dari and/or Pashtu
- Ability to speak and write understandably in English desirable
- Good computer skills; including ability to use Word, Excel, and email programs properly
- At least four years of relevant experience in the relevant field of health within the government organizations or non-governmental organizations
- Understanding of Afghanistan’s health sector and key players
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a decentralized environment
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Kabul time
- Applications should include a motivation letter and an extensive CV in English, including the contact details of at least three professional references
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified
- For staff positions Cordaid reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post.