- Vacancy NumberWCUK-0080
- Salary OfferAs Per Organization Salary Scale
- Total Years Experience2 year
- EducationDiploma is highly preferable
- Contract Duration2 years
- No. Of Jobs:1
- GenderMale, Female
About War Child UK:
War Child was established in 1993 as a response to the brutal effects of conflict on children during the Balkans war. We are currently operational in Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Central African Republic. War Child UK started its operation in the Western Region of Afghanistan in 2003 working in three (3) thematic areas namely Education, Protection and Livelihood. War Child UK’s main office is located in Kabul and a sub-office in Herat.
The purpose of this position is to plan/develop meal menu and cook the orders based on the safety, healthy and economic standards and to keep the working environment clean and net. He/she will be responsible for timely cooking and serving the tea and refreshment for the guests, washing and cleaning the project site on regular daily manner.
The Duties and responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- In liaison with the line manager and staffs be responsible for the planning of menus and meals in accordance with any specific dietary needs.
- To liaise with management to ensure that the ordering of food is carried out on a regular and economic basis;
- Cooking orders according to food health and safety standards;
- Clean all the dishes and kitchen in a well hygienic method;
- Provide and serve tea/cookies to all staff, visitors and guests during meetings/trainings held in the assigned work environment;
- Ensure the highest standards of infection control and hygiene requirements are maintained at all times;
- Clean all the materials available at the work environment;
- Clean rooms, bathrooms, toilets and hall in the work environment;
- Ensure consumable items in the wash rooms such as hand washing liquid and toilet paper are available and replenish it as needed.
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window, stairs, external surfaces of cupboards, heaters/coolers and shelves
- Empty rubbish bins or similar receptacles regularly and transport waste material to designated collection points.
- Check and regularly fill the coolers with water during summer time if available at the work environment;
- Complying with child safeguarding and vulnerable adults’ protocols and legislative requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job deemed necessary or as requested by line manager/supervisor.
- At least 2 Years’ experience
- Diploma is highly preferable
- Proficiency Pashto and Persian languages is highly essential, [i.e., reading, writing and speaking]
- Patient and with good understanding of humanitarian and development work.
- Hardworking and able to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Honest and accountable.
- Commitment and to understand of War Child UK values
- Please send motivation letter, CV to RecruitmentAfg@warchild.org.uk before the closing date.
- Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Cook & Cleaner VA# WCUK-0080) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for written test and interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, vetting check, be compliant and sign up to War Child’s Child Safeguarding Policy, anti-bribery policy, code of conduct and other War Child’s policies prior to a final offer being made.
- WCUK is an equal opportunity employer and female are highly encouraged to apply.