American University of Afghanistan (AUAF):
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer 4 undergraduate academic majors and a MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy, and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young, dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,200 students by the spring 2016 academic semester. Construction has been underway on a new 75 acre international campus.
The AUAF Administration is seeking a qualified candidate for a Full-time position as Consultant – USAID Expert based in Kabul.
Summary of the Position:
AUAF is seeking a qualified consultant to support AUAF with interactions with USAID.
The Consultant will assist and guide AUAF in the interpretation of USAID requirements; the preparation of communications with USAID; the formulation of official documents, including reports, concept notes and proposals; and the management of agreements. This is an on-call, as-needed position. The incumbent must have the willingness and legal ability to enter and travel in the United States and Afghanistan.
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is Afghanistan’s only private, non-profit university. Founded in 2006, AUAF currently offers four undergraduate degrees, an MBA, and professional development and training through its Centers of Excellence (International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development, Business Innovation Hub, and Professional Development Institute). The position reports to the President of AUAF.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to and working closely with the President, the Consultant will provide services related to the following:
- Advice on overseeing overall performance under a USAID cooperative agreement
- Advice on negotiating future cooperative agreements and grants
- Advice on handling USAID audits, inspections and other quality assurance issues
- Guidance on understanding and compliance with all relevant contracting principles, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Contract Information Bulletins (CIBS) / Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directives (AAPDs), Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular, Title 22 of Code of Federal Regulations as appropriate to USAID, and Automated Directive Systems (ADS)
- Guidance on interpretation of and response to official correspondence from USAID
- Drafting documents to support all USAID interactions, including official documents, concept notes, proposals, etc.
- Guidance on USAID reporting requirements, and support in reviewing reports prior to submission
- When necessary, find appropriate subcontractors for specialized knowledge
- Other advisory duties as requested
- Minimum 10 years of senior-level responsibilities with USAID or USAID-funded programs
- Demonstrated familiarity with all relevant contracting principles related to USAID
- Demonstrated experience with writing documentation and reporting related to USAID contracts
- Demonstrated experience with advising senior-level administrators
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within limited timeframes
- Excellent analytical, project management, and organizational skills
- Experience in higher education institutions
- Experience dealing with audits and inspections by any/all of the following: the US Agency for International Development Office of Inspector General, the Special Inspector General for Afghan Reconstruction, the U.S. Department of State, Office of the Inspector General
To apply send a cover letter, résumé, list of 3 professional references, and hourly rate as one PDF document attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “USAID Consultant” in the email subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Number of positions1