- Total Years Experience At least two – years’ experience in assessment, su
- Education Must be 12-grade graduate, bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related fields will be preferre
- Contract Duration One Month
- No. Of Jobs: 2
- Gender Male, Female
Background Information – Cordaid
Cordaid was established in 2000, when several Dutch aid organizations joined forces. But our history goes back more than a century. Cordaid has changed over the years and is more than a donor now. Reducing fragility has become our core priority and we work in all contexts of fragility, from relief, through rehabilitation to longer term development. To do this effectively we seek funds, start partnerships and compete on a global market.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments and inspired by compassion, solidarity and subsidiarity, Cordaid’s mission is to reduce fragility and the vulnerability of people where it is most needed and most difficult. We recognize that the overriding challenge in fragile and (post-)conflict countries is restoring trust and social cohesion, at community level and between communities and the state. This is what Cordaid does, right in the heart of communities, by mobilizing global networks, resources and knowledge. By doing this, we help people move beyond survival and live in dignity.
Cordaid does this by promoting equality and social inclusion, by increasing the resilience of people and societies and by strengthening the social contract between citizens and their governments. Wherever we can, we combine lifesaving humanitarian aid with the longer-term improvement of health care systems, economic opportunities and resilience, and the promotion of security and justice.
Background Information – Afghanistan Country Office
Cordaid is working in and on fragility, and has been active in Afghanistan since 2001, aiming at a stable and peaceful country. We work in 6 thematic areas, supported by lobby and advocacy activities: health care, extractives, security and justice, humanitarian aid, resilience and private sector development. We provide programmatic leadership and require that our operations and those of our local partners are implemented to the highest standards complemented with knowledge generation that incorporates best practices and lessons learned.
Background Information – Job-specify
Under the overall direction of the Programme Manager and in accordance with Cordaid policy, procedures and practices the Community Worker implements overall project field activities in ground. S/he is responsible for the quality and effectiveness of project implementation and accountable for developing coordinating project activities with government and local authorities. S/he will closely work with Cordaid programme, operation and PMEAL departments to ensure efficient and effective support to project development, implementation. The community worker facilitate project food distribution in close coordination with government and relevant local authorities for improving Monitoring, Accountability, Transparency process of the project.
– Coordination with relevant local and government authorities for better implementation of the project.
– Makes sure that project activities are implemented according to the planned schedule and with the required quality standards.
– Participate actively in assessments, household survey and beneficiary identification as per Cordaid beneficiary selection criteria.
– Coordinate with the procurement, logistics and finance team with the food item procurement.
– Lead the food distribution process to selected beneficiaries following Cordaid/Program distribution process and procedure.
– Participate in learning events and monitoring activities.
– Establish and maintain effective relationships with beneficiaries, local leaders, institutions, relevant civil society organizations, etc.
– Coordinate with committees, authorities and other actors to harmonize efforts, avoid duplication and overlaps and ensure effective implementation of complementary assessments, survey and distribution activities.
– Coordinate effectively and share information and experience with other Cordaid’s project staff.
– Documentation and Reporting Establish, maintain and properly file accessible information about target groups and project beneficiaries, assessments, visits, survey and distribution etc.
– Compile and submit regular daily and weekly reports as agreed with the supervisor.
– Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
– Other responsibilities Perform other tasks and duties as requested by the supervisor.
Manage project resources
Stimulate teamwork, collaboration with project teams.
Grow a positive work environment, respectful and both women, men.
Support Effective security in the field
- Work closely with security advisor in order security challenges in the field.
- Situation control during distribution to avoid the loot.
- Must be 12-grade graduate, bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related fields will be preferred.
- At least two – years’ experience in assessment, survey, beneficiaries identification, and food distribution projects with international or national organizations.
- Good coordination and cooperation skills.
- Experience in working with communities, local authorities, household survey and food package distribution.
- Experience in working with women and addressing gender issues in programming.
- Diplomatic, culturally sensitive, result-oriented and a team player.
- Willing to spend long hours in the field.
- Ability to work under harsh conditions.
- Sound and proven timely implementing plan and coordination skills.
- Excellent (Pashto and Dari ) communication.
- Reporting skills.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Kabul time.
- Applications should include a motivation letter and an extensive CV in English, including the contact details of at least three professional references.
- Please write the job title on the subject line of your email.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.