- Vacancy Number WCUK-0071
- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Total Years Experience 2 year
- Education Degree in Social Work,Psychology or another related field
- Contract Duration 2 years
- No. Of Jobs: 5
- Gender Male, Female
About War Child UK:
War Child was established in 1993 as a response to the brutal effects of conflict on children during the Balkans war. We are currently operational in Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Central African Republic. War Child UK started its operation in the Western Region of Afghanistan in 2003 working in three (3) thematic areas namely Education, Protection and Livelihood. War Child UK’s main office is located in Kabul and a sub-office in Herat.
The Community Mobilizer is a member of the War Child UK’s (WCUK) Child Protection team. The Community Mobilizer will contribute towards strengthening the community-based child protection systems and will be responsible for the establishment of Community Based Child Protection Committees (CBCPC). S/he will provide guidance and leadership to empower CBCPCs to prevent harmful practices such as child marriage and unsafe migration. Further, s/he will regularly report progress and weekly activity reports, share the number of beneficiaries reached and actively engage in community coordination. S/he will assist the CCCPCs in developing their plans, and its implementation.
The Duties and responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Mobilize community members and disseminate information about the project to promote community support.
- Hold regular meetings with stakeholders including schools, local councils and other organizations serving children and community to familiarize them with the projects and its objectives and engage them in the process
- Together with the project management, update the CBCPC’s ToR and finalize it
- Identify volunteer community members based on the developed criteria to form Community Based Child Protection Committees (CBCPC).
- Assist the Team Leader to identify training needs for the CBCPCs
- Organize and facilitate capacity building training to the CBCPCs
- Support CBCPCs to develop their plans based on the ToR and implement it according to the scope of the project
- Follow up on the activities conducted by the CBCPC and provide feedback to the team leader on the gaps and areas of improvement
- Collect data from the field in line with project indicators.
- Maintain an up-to-date system for all activities conducted by CBCPCs
- Work with local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses on child protection
- Sensitize children, guardians/parents, and other stakeholders about child rights and responsibilities with a view to identifying child violations any
- other related task as assigned by the Line manager.
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology or another related field;
- 2 years of relevant experience in fieldwork on the issues related to Child Protection in emergencies;
- At least 1-year specific social work or community mobilization with communities in Badghis and Herat particularly in emergency settings
- Adequate knowledge and skills to manage child protection cases according to the standard case management system.
- Ability to travel independently to the targeted districts
- Fluent in national languages, Pashto and Dari
- Please send motivation letter, CV to RecruitmentAfg@warchild.org.uk before the closing date.
- Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Community Mobilizers VA# WCUK-0071) and please mention the location in your subject as well (Badghis or Herat) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for written test and interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, vetting check, be compliant and sign up to War Child’s Child Safeguarding Policy, anti-bribery policy, code of conduct and other War Child’s policies prior to a final offer being made.
- WCUK is an equal opportunity employer and female are highly encouraged to apply.