- Vacancy NumberIRW-0040-2020
- Salary Offer12,000 AFA to 14,000 AFA
- Total Years Experience2-3 years teaching experience at school or CFS
- EducationDiploma in Economics, Business Administration or 14th Grade Graduated in the relevant field
- Contract DurationTill 30 Nov 2020
- No. Of Jobs:3
- GenderMale, Female
About Islamic Relief worldwide Afghanistan:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW-A) is an international non profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRW-A started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside Afghanistan in 1992. Since then, IRW-A continued providing assistances in different fields: Emergency Relief, Agriculture, Health, Education, Engineering and construction, irrigation and social welfare.
- The CFS facilitator is primarily responsible for preparing and delivering the school skills curriculum and recreational activities to the children who attend the CFS centre. The CFS facilitator will work closely with the CFS supervisor to monitor and record daily attendance and report any issues with the centre/children.
- Prepare and lead sessions from the curriculum on a daily basis
- Supervise and ensure a variety of children’s structured play and informal learning activities within the CFS centre caters to the needs of children of different ages, genders, and abilities
- Keep track of children’s daily attendance
- Report any issues to the CFS supervisor
- Monitor the needs and care of children attending the centre
- In close collaboration with the CFS supervisor hold regular meetings with parents to keep them informed of any developments or problems within the CFS and surrounding areas
- Ensure that children’s participation and input form the basis of the CFS and the activities
- Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere within the CFS, that all children feel comfortable, safe, and respected and all children feel included and no child is discriminated against
- Establish a rotation system to promote the sharing of equipment and toys between children
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate conflict-solving behaviours
- Refer any child with need for more specialised support to the CFS supervisor
Human resources, logistics and finance
Adhere to all IRW HR policies, procedures and code of conducts that ensures transparency, services and accountability to beneficiaries and report any abuse of beneficiaries by other ME staff, including sexual exploitation and abuse in accordance with IRW reporting procedures
Adhere to the IRW security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and/or security manager
14 Grade or Diploma in the relevant field.
BA education, social since others relevant field is preferable
Strong knowledge of working with children, understanding their needs and providing them with psychosocial support.
2-3 years teaching experience at school or CFS
Prior experience working with children and in emergency contexts
Observant and able to manage a group of up to 25 children at one time
Must be able to employ position methods of interaction with children and prevent inappropriate negative discipline or abuse
Prior experience in NGO work preferred
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for accepting applications is 29 March 2020.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Note: The CVs will be reviewed on daily basis and interview may take place before the deadline due to the urgent need of the role.
- Total Jobs 184 Jobs