- Contract Duration permanent
- Gender Male, Female
- Ensuring that the Governance, Risk and Control Frameworks of the First Micro Finance Bank Afghanistan (the FMFB-A) are operating effectively.
- Ensuring that these frameworks are maintained and updated as approved by the Board of the FMFB-A.
- Making operative the risk controls required by the Frameworks to remain within agreed risk appetite.
- Compiling, assessing and reporting risk information to the CEO, Management Team and the Board.
- Ensuring that the FMFB-A activities comply with relevant legislation and regulation.
- Supporting the CEO in advising the Board.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Developing, managing and refining qualitative and quantitative risk reporting which meets the needs of Management of the FMFB-A and the Board of Supervisors, in order to support effective decision making.
- Working closely with the CEO, CFO, and Chair of the Risk Committee, other executive and non-executive committee members, and senior managers across the business and representatives of the shareholder molding a high-achieving, well-controlled organization, which can achieve growth targets safely.
- Formulating, articulating a coherent risk appetite and infrastructure, including operating, financial models, and hiring plans.
- Continuously developing, enhancing and embedding the risk framework for managing risks across the institution, ensuring that processes are fit for purpose.
- Establishing and maintaining corporate governance systems and committee structures and reviewing and confirming investment processes.
- Embedding a positive culture of confident and informed risk-taking through training, communication and promotion of the agreed risk framework.
- Collaborating effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate and serving as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
- Providing essential input as a member of senior management and the executive committee and credibly challenging the management of current issues and the development and implementation of strategy.
- Member of ALCO, Secretary to Board of Supervisors Risk Management Committee, member SME Credit Committee and Delinquency Committee.
Master in Business Administration with majors in Banking & finance.
- Minimum 15 years working experience in related field with a bank (preferred), rating agency or finance company, of which at least 5 years in senior managerial position in Compliance and Risk Management areas.
- Experience in microfinance would be preferred.
- Exposure to asset/liability management is a plus.
- Excellent Command of English (Verbal and Written), Dari / Pashtun is a nice to have.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage risk and control activities in a complex financial operation.
- Strong understanding of Compliance, Money Laundering, and Risk Exposure processes, procedures and calculation methods.
- Extensive knowledge of credit grading and rating concepts and the technical development of such underlying models as well as working knowledge of Basel II accord.
- Strong analytical skills with working knowledge in principles of compliance, credit risk, market risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, exchange risk, interest risk and finance.
- Sound knowledge of investment risk and portfolio management concepts.
- Understanding of other operational risks including IT security.
- Ability to clearly articulate and express a bank’s risk appetite.
- Knowledge of policy development and implementation.
- Strong command of risk management principles, tools and models.
- Extensive knowledge of financial institution’s policy and procedures with in depth understanding of regulatory, economic, sectors, clients and market environment and trends.
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations and legal documents.
- Have broad experience in operational risk banking.
- Proficient knowledge on computers.
- Knowledge of local banking, corporate and other regulations will be a plus.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyze complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution.
- Problem Analysis & Problem Solving Skills balanced with creativity to seek, encourage and find effective services approaches.
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative.
- Achievement Orientation.
- Business Perspective.
- Team Leadership and Player.
- Creativity and Innovation.
- Interactive Communication.
- Planning and Organization.
- Relationship Building.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Vision and Alignment.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter and fill the FMFB standard job application form (click here to get the form) via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 4-June-19