Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) is a self-sufficient and independent corporation established under Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s Joint Stock and Limited liability corporations’ act. This corporation changed legal entity and replaced Da Afghanistan Breshna Mosesa (Afghanistan electricity company), as a national electricity corporation on 15th of Sawr 1387 SH, in accordance with May 04, 2008. Da Afghanistan Breshan sherkat (DABS) commercially manages generation, import, transmission and distribution of the power electricity across the country.
DABS will hire an individual Cashier to support all financial work of World Bank PIU with close coordination of Sr. FM Specialist and entire Finance team of WB PIU under World Bank Funded Projects PIU in DABS.
The following tasks to be undertaken by the Cashier:
Requires travel to provinces:
· Good communication skills and fluency in reading, writing and speaking English.
· Best computer skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Disburse cash on the basis of properly approved vouchers, advance sheets and other financial documents.
· Prepare voucher for all financial transactions in the absence of the finance officer/ Assistant.
· Assist finance team in bringing cash from the bank.
· Clear cash advances for employees and receive the excess of cash from the employees.
· Use proper exchange rate on the liquidation voucher of the advance.
· Maintain the petty cash imp rest on regular basis as per the World Bank and MoF petty cash guidelines.
· Keep the finance records updated.
· Conduct daily cash count and ensure that cash is always reconciled with the cash book Photocopy vouchers, bank statements and all other financial documents
· File all financial documents and label the files as advised by the department head
· Record all financial transactions into the journals
· Use computer and accountancy skills for the precise cash count and tax calculation.
· Maintain the updated track of the advances issued and timely liquidation
· Prepare M-12 for ministry of finance.
· Assist the Finance officer/ Assistant in preparation of replenishment application
· Maintain proper custody of the cash at safe.
· Be report able to head of finance (Senior Financial Management Specialist).
Perform any other finance relevant task assigned by supervisor.
·Should have Bachelor degree in Economics (Accounting), BBA, or any other relevant field from recognized University.
·Should have at least 3 years’ related experience in relevant field
Work experience with International donors such as World Bank, USAID, and ADB is preferred.
Please submit your application form along with cover letter to email mentioned below Please mention the position name and vacancy number in the subject line of your email.
You can find the Application form in below link; it is your responsibility to accurately enter the information in Application Form and use digital signature. DO NOT upload any additional documents;
DABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with good knowledge base and experience background are Mostly Preferred. DABS does not discriminate in employment on the race, religion, gender, political affiliation, disability, age or other non-merit factor.
Please note: that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
- Experience Level 3 years
- Experience 1
- Radio field Bachelor
- Number of Positions 1
- Gender Male, Female