About Turquoise Mountain:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 7,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Turquoise Mountain is embarking on a four-year program with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). This program aims to create 5,000 jobs in the carpet and jewelry value-chains in Afghanistan and facilitate the sale of US$20,000,000 worth of Afghan carpet and jewelry products to international markets. The program will build the technical capacity of those active in both value-chains, improve working conditions and ensure environmental standards, raise awareness about production abilities in Afghanistan, improve order fulfilment, and increase exports of higher-margin carpet and jewelry products, thereby increasing income-generating opportunities for thousands of Afghans.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, the Carpet Accounting Officer will:
- Be responsible for all bookkeeping of carpet related transactions within the existing cloud-based computerized accounting system.
- Confirm quotations received by the Carpet Program Technical Consultant with the relevant carpet producer.
- Provide (international) clients with order quotations and invoices.
- To Prepare all purchases orders and bills for the relevant carpet producers. In cloud-based computerized system.
- To attend local sales exhibition as per TM requirement.
- Keep tracking and physical check of Carpet inventory on monthly bases in cloud-based computerized system and provide monthly and annual reconciliations for internal and external audit purposes
- Provide carpet clients due report on by-weekly bases from cloud-based computerized system including regular follow up of outstanding invoices ensuring all invoices are paid on time.
- Ensure all transactions are within assigned project and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all related vouchers.
- Ensure proper and complete documentation and filing for easy retrieval of all accounting related documents in cloud-based computerized accounting system.
- Packing & shipping documents and communicating with shipping companies, sending shipment notifications to (international) clients.
- Keep update carpet customer sheet (Master Sheet for carpet clients).
- To communicate with field officers in related provinces and receiving & sending carpets to/from carpet producers via local transportations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Management and the Direct Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of related working experience.
- Knowledge of computer software (Ms. Excel, Ms Word, Ms Access, Accounting Software, Databases etc.).
- Full national languages and English language skills.
Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: email@example.com by no later than June 19, 2019. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention – Carpet Accounting Officer + last name.
Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.
- Experience Level 4 years
- Experience 1
- Radio field Bachelor
- Contract Duration 1 Year Contract (Extendable)
- Number of Positions 1
- Gender Male, Female