About American University of Afghanistan
In the spring of 2013, the International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (ICAWED) on AUAF’s International Campus opened with the express purpose of enhancing women’s participation in the economy. At the same time, the Center has expanded its international ties and its outreach across the country through international and national women’s groups. In the fall 2014 the Center hired a new Director to focus on additional career training opportunities at the ICAWED on a year-round basis. ICAWED at AUAF affects broad changes in gender relations and creates sustainable development through a unique agenda of long-term training and mentorship. The aim would is to use knowledge and insight to establish pro-active mechanisms for the mainstreaming of gender issues across Afghanistan by engaging directly with men and women and also to empower women in private sector. ICAWED believes that its facilities, experience, environment, and its fine-tuned approach make the Center the best venue available in Afghanistan to facilitate this Afghan-led effort aimed at altering current gender dynamics. With the new 2016-2017 fiscal year, ICAWED would like to offer more robust programming to include business related courses in leadership and management; sensitivity training; business planning; branding and packaging; communication and public awareness strategies; and finance/accounting.
Position General Summary:
The International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (ICAWED) at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is seeking applications to hire a Business Planning, Branding & Packaging Trainer who will have adult training methodology experiences, able to provide helpful training material and conducting effective training in the mentioned field. The purpose of the training is building the capacity of business women in Business Planning, Branding & Packaging.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The trainer must be able to develop a time-line activity chart for planning, conduct and post implementation for each course; explanation of rationale, curriculum and conducting methodology for each course; training program, continuous assessments and logistics arrangements required.
2. The trainer must submit the pre/post participant evaluation forms to measure the participants’ knowledge level.
3. Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others;
4. Draft syllabus for the course of 48 hours in DARI language;
5. Books and materials are available at the AUAF’s library. The ICAWED requires Trainers to explore most relevant books and recommend for participants.
6. Trainers must attend bio-weekly meeting with management of the Center to discuss the training progress and areas for improvement.
7. The Trainers should be available at least 48 hrs. /week. The time and other details will be discussed later.
8. Any other task assigned by his/her supervisor.
Master’s degree with working experience in teaching is preferred, or Bachelor degree in above mentioned fields with working experience, in Business Planning, Branding & Packaging related issues.
Experience in working with government and international organizations,
Well experienced in conducting Business Planning, Branding & Packaging related trainings, preferred the trainer has undergone a Training of Trainers (TOT) course, and has conducted TOTs workshops, and hence can develop TOT for Business Planning, Branding & Packaging Mainstreaming and development;
Appropriate written and oral communication skills, English and Dari/Pashtu;
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree granting school directly to AUAF).
Timeline: The Business Planning, Branding & Packaging Trainer should be available for a period of 48 hours per week during the 3-4 months to complete the training.
Reporting: The trainer will report to Director of the Women Centre (and when requested to the management of AUAF) with support offered by the Program Coordinator.
Payment: Trainer’s payment will be made upon submission of invoice and/or timesheet (calculating the total training hours). The payment will be made on monthly basis.
Afghanistan – Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Economic Growth
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Applicants must write (Business Planning, Branding & Packaging Trainer) in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted before December 31, 2016. After review of the applications, formal written tests and/or interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF international campus.
Contract Duration4 months
Number of positions2