About New Kabul Bank:
New Kabul Bank started its banking activities on 18 April 2011 by having received its license as a commercial bank under banking system of the country. Ministry of Finance is the shareholder of New Kabul Bank.
New Kabul Bank is operating by CBS system and providing services for valued citizens by covering a wide network in more than 116 branches with professional and experienced cadre.
Purpose of the Job:
Assist the Operations Manager, Internal Audit Services in developing and executing the IAD’s audit plan, and take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits;
Contribute to the Internal Audit (IA) function by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk Mgt, control, & governance processes.
– Participate in opening meetings with Branch/Department to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement to concern departmental head/branch Managers provide an overview of all steps in the audit process.
– Develop a thorough understanding of department/branch processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes. Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the operational processes.
– Develop a risk based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology.
– Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional IIA standards and NKB’s IA methodology.
– Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings.
– Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
– Organize & reference work papers for review by Manager, Internal Audit.
– Participate in closing meetings with auditees at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
– Assist IA manager in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the branch/department and senior management.
– Assists the Manager, Internal Audit in the development of the draft annual internal audit plan.
– Supports the Manager, Internal Audit in the development and implementation of the evolving IA methodology for New Kabul Bank.
– Contributes to the safeguarding of Bank’s assets by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
– Perform consulting services at the branches and departments level as per approved internal Audit charter.
– Develops & maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the New Kabul Bank, including branches and Departments.
– Conducts investigations of suspected internal fraud with proper approval IA department Heads.
– Collect, co-ordinate and disseminate material for the quarterly Board’s Audit Committee/Board of supervisors meeting when ever need by department heads.
– Other responsibilities assigned by Internal Audit Department senior officials.
– Keep obsolete compliance with regulatory requirements.
– Meet the deadline of audit projects as per given time budget.
– Keep compliance with IIA definition & code ethics.
– Proper report writing with sufficient/adequate supporting documents.
– Up-gradation of knowledge & skills by attending the related workshop.
– Be punctual and meet the office timing.
– Team work and collaboration.
– Proper maintenance of audit projects working paper file (W.P).
– Being initiative & complete the audit projects appropriately.
– Bachelor degree (BBA, B. Com& Economics) is required.
– Comprehensive & current knowledge Banking Law, rules and regulations.
– Adequate knowledge of NKB’s internal policies & procedures.
– Well-developed technical skills in Word and Excel.
– For (BBA, B. Com& economics)2-3 years audit experience in financial institutions is required.
– With high school degree 4-6 years audit experiences is required.
– Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal Dari and English) with all levels within the organization.
– Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values consistent with NKB’s culture.
– Ability to stand firm on difficult issues when required.
– Strong analytical capability.
– Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
– Logical approach of identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving.
– Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
– Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters.
– Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
– Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CV and educational and work certificates to the following address.
NKB main office – HRD,
Add; 10-42, Torabaz Khan, Shahr-e-Naw, Kabul – Afghanistan.
Applications by email can be sent to email@example.com All candidates short-listed for interviews will be directly contacted.
Kindly copy the vacancy number and past it in your e-mail subject line with the position title, otherwise you won’t be short listed.
- Experience Level 1 year
- Experience 1
- Radio field Bachelor
- Contract Duration One year (with possibility of extension)
- Number of Positions 1
- Gender Male, Female