- Contract Duration 1 Year Contract (Extendable)
- Gender Male, Female
About FHI 360/ NHTAP:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Associate Director, Human Resource for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
The Associate Director, Human Resource will contribute to the development and implementation of effective HR solutions to deliver desired business results. S/he will assist with developing and implementing programs and policies, selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Provides and supports organizational design, development and change management solutions and implementation.
- Provides guidance to management team on leadership and HR issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, training, people management, career development and handling complex employee issues.
- Develops critical role succession plans, leadership development, workforce planning, and organizational capability building to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Provides tools, advice, and information to support effective delivery of HR services and
- Gathers and analyzes feedback to diagnose company needs, employee issues, and management concerns to partner with HR Partners to develop and implement solutions.
- Ensures project compliance and consistency with HR mission and vision.
- Oversee local recruitment process of hires for NHTAP
- Oversee and work closely with the Operations, Director on payroll systems
- Performs other duties assigned by Operations Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent
- Typically requires 8+ years with human resource management experience in analyzing and diagnosing situations to develop effective individual, team and/or organizational
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and
- HRIS / Payroll systems.
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto and excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to APROProposal@fhi360.org. Please clearly indicate the name of the position that you are applying in the subject line of your email.
- We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
- To facilitate the review, please include names and contact information for references.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.