About FHI 360/ NHTAP:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Associate Director Contracts for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
The Associate Director, Contracts will provide leadership and technical expertise in contracts and grants support. S/he will be responsible for management oversight and support a team of contracts professionals. He/she will facilitate compliance with donor requirements and regulations and FHI 360 policies and procedures.
- Manage and provide leadership, training, guidance and support to contracts staff in all aspects of contracts administration/management.
- Support compliance with U.S. Government (USG) contracting requirements by researching changes in USG regulations and advising on appropriate corporate implementation or response.
- Act as contractual liaison to internal and external constituencies, collaborators, donors, etc., as necessary.
- Keep Director, Finance & Contracts informed of contract performance and management issues.
- Develop templates, tools and training materials.
- Assist Director, Finance & Contracts in development, management, implementation and evaluation of appropriate systems, services, and processes as assigned. Identify and implement “best practices,” as appropriate.
- Actively participate and coordinate planning and status meetings to ensure proper implementation of services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or International Equivalent in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in a position of contracting authority (or equivalent experience) in either the Federal Government acquisition process or a Non-governmental Organization (NGO).
- Requires significant experience (5 years minimum) reviewing, negotiating and managing donor-sponsored awards, especially those from USG agencies, not-for-profit foundations, and multilateral development organizations
- Comprehensive knowledge of USG contracts regulations and guidelines, including US Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars; US Agency for International Development (USAID) Automated Directives System (ADS); Code of Federal Regulations; Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Expertise in USG acquisition and assistance processes.
- Demonstrated leadership ability; Previous management experience.
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto and excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to APROProposal@fhi360.org. Please clearly indicate the name of the position that you are applying in the subject line of your email.
- We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
- To facilitate the review, please include names and contact information for references.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Experience Level 8 years
- Experience 1
- Radio field Bachelor
- Contract Duration 1 Year Contract (Extendable)
- Number of Positions 1
- Gender Male, Female