The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by former President H.E. Hamid Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee which consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs (MOLSA) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, the World Bank and other funding agencies.
After the recent and successful implementation of the World Bank-funded Afghanistan Skills Development Project (ASDP), the Bank has decided to support NSDP/MOLSA through a new project called the Non-formal Approach to Training, Education and Jobs in Afghanistan (NATEJA).
The Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (IADC) in Kabul has also decided to provide funding for the expansion of NATEJA project activities with focus on the western provinces. The IADC provided initially supported the project for one year and later on the support was extended for further time till June 2019.
The position of Assistant to PD Office will work under the overall Supervision of the Program Executive Director.
The duration of the assignment will be 6 months and will involve the following activities:
Requires travel to provinces:
a) Extensive experience in providing secretarial service at a senior level working in a highly pressured environment requiring tact, judgment and discretion in handling internal and external contacts;
b) Proven track record of working for a Program Director or Executive Director of large, diverse organizations;
c) Effective communication and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Anticipates the PD’s needs in advance and assures that she/ he prepared materials well in advance of events and meeting;
- In consultation with the PD, prepare agendas for internal and external meetings involving the PD;
- Assist PD with analyzing and managing correspondence, reports and the preparation of speeches, talking points and press release;
- Receiving and tracking records of various individuals and/ or departments’ requisitions or demands
- Reviewing the requisitions and communicating the comments and observations with individuals/ departments submitted the requisitions if any,
- Having PD’s approval for pending requisitions after the accuracy and scrutiny to make sure compliances are adhered.
- Processing Program Department any requisitions or correspondents with relevant departments at NSDP or outside of the NSDP at any other institutions;
h. Organizing, planning, and prioritizing of all correspondences.
- Screen, log as necessary and redirect mail and correspondence, inform and remind responsible staff of deadline for response and specific actions.
- Managing PD’s daily diary and arrange meetings for PD.
- Track record of all meeting notes, and follow up on staff meetings and management meetings regularly;
l. Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously receives 100% of all telephone calls and visitors.
- Receiving telephone and in person inquiries and refer to appropriate staff for reply.
- Providing general support services for meetings.
- Filing and retrieving correspondence and documents both manual and automated.
p. Respects confidentiality in discussing participant, staff, volunteers and organizational matters.
q. Any other secretarial jobs as assigned by the Program Director;
r. Perform other job related tasks assigned time to time by respective supervisors.
Bachelor degree with 2 years’ relevant experience or Baccalaureate degree with 4 years’ relevant experience
Interested candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP), Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
Please note that applications received after the closing date and without mentioning title of the post applied for in subject line of the Email will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
- Experience 1
- Radio field Bachelor
- Gender Female