- Vacancy NumberPMO/MPW/VAC/120
- Salary OfferAs per NTA Salary Scale
- Total Years Experience5 years
- Contract Duration1 Year (Extendable)
- No. Of Jobs:3
- GenderMale, Female
About Ministry of Public Works:
The Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) is implementing various road projects in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. For implementation of the projects funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), a Program Management Office (PMO) of MoPW willing to handle implementation related tasks that would include (a) procurement civil works and consultants’ services, (b) monitor the progress of day-to-day project implementation, (c) accord various approvals including approval for variations, extension of time, (including obtaining approvals of the donors,.), etc., (d) prepare progress reports (e) prepare withdrawal applications for disbursement, (f) maintain project accounts and complete loan financial records for auditing and (g) ensure compliance with various Loan and Grant covenants, etc
The Assistant Engineer will assist the Project Manager in the day-to-day project implementation and contract administration matters. The duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following.
- Handle procurement activities for selection of contractors and consultants,
- Monitor project implementation; in reviewing progress reports submitted by the Consultants to assess project implementation and assist the Project Manager in taking/communicating important decisions of the Employer (MPW) to the Consultants to avoid potential delays.
- Ensure that the works are implemented in accordance with the technical specifications specified in the contract and interim road standards of MPW.
- Assist the Project Manager in processing various contractual matters including approval of variations, grant of extension of time, etc.
- Periodical visits to site to assess implementation of the project and resolve any issue relating to the Contractors/Consultants.
- Review the IPCs/invoices submitted by the Consultants/Contractors and recommend for payment.
- Ensuring compliance of loan/grant covenants
Education: Have a Bachelor Degree
Experience: with 5 years working experience.
Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English.
Skills in using Microsoft office package and office equipment.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV, clearly indicating the position applied for, in the subject of your email to PMO Office of Ministry of Public Works, through email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com, clearly mentioning the position applied for in the subject line.