About Aga Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education and health.
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
At present, it is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the position of Area Officer, Monitoring Evaluation Research & Learning Unit at its Takhar Regional Program Office, Afghanistan.
Objective of the Position:
Responsible for conducting the day to day monitoring and evaluation activities at the area level and support MERL department in data collection data entry, date analysis and report writing.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Define, design and implement specific M&E studies according to project needs identified in the log frame, including conducting baselines, methodology preparation (where applicable), sample selection, implementation and analysis.
• Provide administrative support to MERL staff and consultants as needed.
• Implement project M&E, for example, regular monitoring of projects, baselines, annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, progress monitoring, etc.
• Maintain timely collection and entry of data into databases MIS/GRS.
• Supervise staff conducting M&E activities to ensure time efficient and quality data collection.
• Preparation, completion of M&E monthly work plan, timesheets and reports on M&E findings as required.
• Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff and implementing partners.
• Travel to provinces, districts, field to participate M&E related events.
• To write success story and mentor other staff.
• Partake in capacity building workshops in order to build relevant skills.
• To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Occasional Significant Duties:
• Have the capacity to work independently under difficult conditions
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor of this position.
Decision-Making & Authorities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree at least Bachelor in Business Administration, Economy or social sciences from recognized institutions.
• At least 1-3 years’ work experience in M&E field with national and international organizations.
• Fluent in Dari / Pashto, with ability to speak and write in English preferable.
• Very Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
• Willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders.
• Ability to work well with others.
Required Core Competencies:
• Attention to details,
• Good Interpersonal & Communication skill,
• Quality control,
• Result Orientation,
• Creativity, Initiative,
Applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a cover letter along with their CV and the names of three references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 26, 2018 or submit hard copy to AKF Afghanistan Regional Program Office,: PD-1, Sarak-e- Maktab Tajerbawy Sayed Abdurrahman Shaheed, Close to Haji Wazir Hafiz Baik House, Taloqan City, Takhar Province, Afghanistan
- Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when sending your application.
- Supporting documents, e.g. diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc., are not required at this stage, therefore not to be sent along with the application.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
Aga Khan Foundation – Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Aga Khan Foundation – Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safeguarding of children from abuse
SalaryAccording the NTA Salary Scale
Contract DurationOne Year
Vaccancy NumberTKR /05/18/391
Number of positions1