About Citizen Charter/MRRD:
The Citizens’ Charter is a National Priority Program (NPP) of the National Unity Government (NUG) that was officially launched on September 25, 2016. The Citizens’ Charter is an inter-ministerial, multi-sectorial NPP, where Ministries have collaborated to provide basic services to rural communities. The key service delivery ministries involved are: Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD), Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG), Ministry of Education (MoE), Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), with oversight by Ministry of Finance (MoF). MRRD has a key role and will be responsible for infrastructural development and strengthening CDCs and Cluster CDCs. The Community Development Councils (CDCs) will be linked to sub-national government to improve communication and coordination from the community to the district, provincial and national levels – increasing Government visibility and accountability. The Citizens’ Charter is an important foundation for the Government’s reform agenda, contributing to a number of priority areas including: Ensuring Citizens’ Development Rights; Building Better Governance; Reforming Development Planning & Management and Developing Partnerships. The Citizens’ Charter intends to improve service delivery by ensuring minimum service standards, provide greater responsiveness by the Government to the people and increase the level of public satisfaction with services. The Charter commits to deliver the following core services across the country over a 10 year period:
• Basic health services
• Basic education access
• Safe drinking water and sanitation
• Improved farming technologies and the delivery of extension services
• Rural connectivity with tertiary roads
• Rural renewable energy
About EQRA Project:
EQRA aims to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly for girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.’ The project introduces a shift from monitoring only enrolment of students (which also include permanently absent students) to focusing on bringing children into school and their attendance. EQRA will: (a) focus on the 17 most lagging provinces in terms of girls’ attendance in schools; (b) direct the system toward tracking and rewarding retention of students, especially girls, by tracking attendance of students as opposed to enrolment (the difference between actual attendance and enrolment is estimated between 30 percent and 35 percent); and (c) focus on strengthening the governance of general education to improve the service delivery transparently and strengthen accountability, an area which was not supported systematically under the previous operations
· The Admin Finance Officer supports the EQRA project on the verifications of Operation Funds & disbursements of School Projects over the implementation period of five years.
· The Admin Finance Officer is responsible to support the EQRA & CCAP through the efficient management and accounting of the operation funds expended for the running costs of at CCAP management in Districts and PMU Offices.
· The Admin Finance Officer has the following tasks and responsibilities:
· Admin Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring the correct processing and booking of transactions relating to EQRA & CCAP’s operational expenditures, maintaining records relating to such transactions for audit, and for the cash holdings of the PMUs.
· Assist the PMU Accountants in preparation of vouchers of EQRA & CCAP operational costs including, administration expenses, vendors, etc.
· Assist the PMU Accountants in preparation of EQRA & CCAP monthly Payroll and submit to Main PMU for further processes.
· Clearance of EQRA & CCAP Advances with the District Offices each month or as when required.
· Maintain all inventory lists for the Provincial & District offices are on monthly basis.
· Maintain proper filing system for the inventory record.
· Ensure that the checkouts for the personnel leaving due to termination/dismissal /resignation prior to the end of the contract period are cleared.
· Daily Record and Maintain vehicle and Generator Log book along with consumption summary sheet and report to the concerned PMU Accountant on monthly basis.
· Distribute a standard list of equipment to all new employees in accordance to Employee office Package.
· Cross verify all disbursements forms and closures forms according to the content and conformity with the EQRA & CCAP-OM guidelines.
· Maintain accurate records & supporting documents of EQRA & CCAP funds transferred and expenditures incurred under the project’s disbursements in organized manner.
· Assist the PMU Accountant in preparation of Monthly & Quarterly Bank Reconciliation of all active EQRA & CCAP CDCs/CCDCs and submit report to the Provincial Manager and PMU Accountant on regular basis.
· Select CDCs/CCDs on quarterly basis for financial monitoring to ensure all monetary transactions and supporting documents are properly recorded and maintained at the CDC/CCDC level in accordance to the policies and procedures.
· Liaison with District Admin Finance Officers on day-to-day finance related issues.
· Other tasks assigned by Provincial Manager or PMU Accountant.
· Bachelor’s degree in (Economics, BBA), with 4 years related work experience.
· Computer knowledge, filing and fundamental of database understanding
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
· Must be self-starter with excellent demonstrated teamwork skills
· Good written and verbal communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto essential and as well as having good interpersonal skills
· Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, proactive with good problem-solving skills, has the ability to interact professionally with a wide range of people
· Ability to prepare operational plans of organization or project.
· Having required skills in the related technical field.
Please send your up-to-date CV with covering letter telling us why you are applying and how you met the required competencies before closing date, Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number e.g.( Admin/Finance Officer )279/HRMD/CCNPP/MRRD to: email@example.com
Important Note: any/all application without the mentioned subject line will not be consider.
The MRRD/CCNPP strongly encourages woman candidates to apply. It applies a pro-active and positive discrimination policy towards woman candidates as follows:
Women candidates with slightly lower than the stated required educational qualifications will also be considered.
If offered this position, the woman position holder will be allowed an adult male or female relative as a Mahrram for official travel, if/when required.
The MRRD and its CCNPP will promote a women-friendly environment with clear anti-harassment policies enforced.
The Human Resources Department
Tashkilat Street, District 6th, Darul Aman
Citizens Charter Afghanistan Program
Ministry of Rural and Rehabilitation and Development
- Experience Level 4 years related work experience
- Experience 1
- Radio field Bachelor
- Contract Duration 1 Year Contract (Extendable)
- Number of Positions 17
- Gender Male, Female