Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is responsible for organizing and pursuing Afghanistan foreign relations with other countries, international and regional organizations.
MoFA seeks to design and follow Afghanistan’s interest in international arena on a wide variety of issues such as bilateral and multilateral political and economic cooperation, cultural interactions and through playing an active role in regional and international frameworks.
MoFA is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design, develop and install software solutions. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. Software Engineer responsibilities will include development, writing codes, and documentation.
1. Execute full lifecycle software development.
2. Write well designed, testable, efficient codes
3. Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
4. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
5. Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
6. Document and maintain software functionality
7. Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
8. Serve as a subject matter expert
9. Comply with project plans and industry standards
• Proven working experience as a computer software engineer or software developer
• Experience in designing interactive applications
• Ability to develop software in C, C++, C#, Java or other selected languages
• Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
• Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
• Experience with test-driven development
• Mastery in software engineering tools
• Ability to document requirements and specifications
• Able to work under the pressure
• Able to work after official hours if require
• Familiarity with software development methodology and related processes
• Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science
• A ruthless commitment to testing the written codes
• Extensive problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate clearly regarding complex issues (in English)
• Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
o PHP5, WAMP, LAMP, and MVC
o Database (SQL server, Oracle, MySQL)
o Visual Studio Professional
o Enterprise applications
• Proficiency in the following technologies is desired but not mandatory:
• 6+ years of experience as both a hands-on architect and a software engineer
Interested candidates should submit their applications by the following e-mail.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Experience6 Years
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Contract Duration1 Year
- Vaccancy NumberSoftware Engineer
- Number of positions1