Aga Khan Health Services, Afghanistan:
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan (AKHS,A), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a long-term partner of the ‘Ministry of Public Health, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’ for the implementation of “Basic Package of Health Services” ( BPHS) in Badakhshan, implementer of Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS) in Badakhshan and Bamyan, and Community Midwifery Education and Community Health Nursing Program in three provinces Baghlan, Badakhshan and Bamyan.
- Supervise day-to-day administration of NPO operations.
- Supervise visa, air ticket, passport, hotel booking, pick and drop facilities in close collaboration with concern agency and user departments.
- Liaise with airline representatives, travel agents and airport authorities as required
- Ensure regular maintenance of office / guesthouse premises, office equipment, furniture/fixture in coordination with the relevant user departments and contractors.
- Support and advice regional offices on administrative procedures, train Regional administrative staff when necessary.
- Act as liaison between national program office staff and the regional offices for services and resolution of administrative problems.
- Ensure coordination with AKDN to secure and renew all visas required to enter in the country and for official travel out of the country
- Provide effective and timely administrative and logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops, conferences and trainings.
- Supervise the vehicles repair/maintenance including tracking of spare parts. Ensure appropriate fleet management for vehicles managed under the emergency and stabilization programming including vehicle rentals utilized by service providers, movements, maintenance/repairs, fuel supply, accident reports, etc, as well as manage rental of vehicles and ensure safe running conditions of vehicles.
- Ensure that official vehicle usage is controlled and monitored (including fuel usage, etc).
- Follow up and coordination with office/guest house landlords and other authorities, as required.
- Supervise IT/Admin/Logistic Officers and Assistants.
PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS
- Provide assistance in timely preparation of procurement plan and monitor the implementation.
- Undertake market surveys for routine procurement requirements by providing/ gathering accurate information on prices, services of local suppliers and other related information in consultation with Manager Administration and Logistics.
- In consultation with the Manager Administration and Logistics and Procurement Committee, develop Pre-qualifications, RFQs , RFPs, Tender Documents and draft contracts according to the AKHS, A and donor procurement policies/guidelines.
- Evaluate quotations and bids according to the rules and guidelines in close collaboration with the relevant Procurement Committee and develop & submit evaluation report to Manager Administration and Logistics for approval and further processes.
- Negotiate with vendors for the lowest costs and best value in consultation with procurement committee.
- Prepare Contracts / Purchase Orders and submit it to Manager Administration and Logistics for review.
- Regularly update Vendor Information Sheets (VIS), elaborate supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Ensure that proper NOCs, exemption certificates and customs clearing documentation are obtained in a timely manner in coordination with AKDN/AKF,A.
- Develop a check list and schedule to monitor suppliers are in compliance with the specifications, quantities, delivery timeframe and other terms mentioned in the Purchase Order/Contract in consultation with Manager Administration and Logistics.
- Liaise with AKHS’s concerned technical staff for inspection of delivered equipment/supplies to ensure quality control, specification conformity, volume assessment, monitoring and verification of deliveries.
- Coordinate shipping and delivery arrangements of purchased supplies and equipment to the regional offices and facilities.
- Verify Delivery Notes, Goods Receive Notes, Goods Issue Notes and Gate Passes for all inbound and outbound material and equipment.
- Coordinate with AKDN Group Purchase Committee to identify best sources of suppliers.
- Effective liaison with Service / Maintenance Contractors and ensure compliance with all terms and conditions including timely payment and renewal.
- Assist Manager Administration and Logistics in development of linkages with the local suppliers, manufactures, custom clearing agents / authorities etc.
- Keep an update log for all procurement activities and ensure that all the documentation has been appropriately filed.
- Present the monthly Procurement Report on procurements done, outstanding PRs and status of Purchase Order by 5th of each subsequent month
- Ensure timely submission of all invoices with all supporting documents to Finance Department and follow up the payment and outstanding invoices.
- Supervise the update fixed assets list and reconcile with Fixed Assets Register with Finance Department, and ensure physical verification and tagging of all capital assets in line with AKHS,A policy and donor requirement in collaboration of Finance Department.
- Supervise inventory management of all kind of expandable and non-expandable items including fuel, printing stationery and other office supplies.
- Visit the regions at least once in a year to interact with the regional program heads and Admin/HR focal staff to monitor and provide support on Admin and Logistics matters.
- Carry out any other program related tasks assigned by Manager Administration and Logistics.
Education: Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration (Management) or related from a reputable university.
Work Experience: Preferable three to four years of work experience in managing Administration and Procurement functions with a large nonprofit organization.
Skills: Excellent negotiation and analytical skills, ability to work under stress and tight deadlines, proven ability in management, good Computer skill including MS Excel, MS Word and Access is preferable.
Languages: Fluency in English and Local Language(s)
General:High level of integrity, Flexible team player, innovative and clear understanding of the working context. To be able to travel inside and outside of the country as and when needed.
Qualified and interested applicants who are matching the above criteria are requested to send their Application with clearly mentioning the job title, vacancy number and job location in the subject line: (Senior Officer Administration and Logistics-AKHS-HR-2017-001-Kabul) or the application will be disqualified. Follow up of the recruitment process is not appreciated.
Female Applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Number of positions1