NHLP is to promote adoption of improved production practices by target farmers, with gradual rollout of farmer-centric agricultural services mechanisms and investment support. Service delivery centered on farmers would lead in practice to increased participation of beneficiaries both in the definition of services required and in the delivery itself, as well as improved ratio of overall costs reaching beneficiaries as direct investments, in order to promote sustainability and efficiency.
The project would contribute to the overarching goal of increased productivity and overall production of horticultural products and improved animal production and health. The technical strategy for achieving this objective is based on the delivery of extension and investment support through strengthened mechanisms. The National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP) would have three components: (1) Horticultural Production, (2) Animal Production and Health, and (3) Implementation Management and Technical Assistance Support. These activities would be implemented in 100 focus districts spread over time as conditions warrant in up to 22 target provinces.
Note: NHLP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement for the same region. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with NHLP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.
Regional Admin Assistant will work under the direct supervision of Regional Operations Officer and close collaboration NHLP regional team, the Regional Admin Assistant will do the following;
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings,
- Acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes;
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches,
- Background information and documentation for meetings and missions;
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed;
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel
- Authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents;
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops and other events;
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance;
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report;
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit;
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance;
- Prepare the monthly attendance report and submit it to the Regional Operations Officer.
- Any other duties assigned by the regional operations officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of work experience in the fields related to public administration, business administration, Financial Management, Economics, law, or any other related field.
- Expertise using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and internet applications
- Applicants with the knowledge of administrative rules and procedures of the NGO, UN agencies and government agencies will be given preference.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Dari/ Pashto.
- Team player with solid analytical and creative problem solving skills.
Note: Please clearly do mention the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email, otherwise your CV wouldn’t be considered for the further process.
Please submit your updated resumes along with a cover letter quoting the Job Title to the attention of NHLP Operations Manager, or email it to
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
No later than January 14, 2017. The interview date/s and venue will be determined soon after the expiry of the deadline for applications.
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Experience2 Years
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Contract DurationProject based
- Vaccancy NumberNHLP/MAIL/WB/00362
- Number of positions1