Ministry of Education
Ministry of education has the outstanding rank among governmental organization of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, in order to render 65% services for the public. Ministry of Education, for the achieving of its valuable goals and Objectives, would like to recruit employees through open competition and merit based selection, consequently to enhance the capacity of civil servants, develop the current governmental management systems, and play the effective professional role in the administrative environment.
The Provincial Finance Officerwill based in Provincial Education Directorate Office in GPE Program target Provinces:
(,Zabul,,Ghor,Khost,,Urozgan,Urzgan) Provinces, The Finance Officer will work under the guidance and direct of GPE Program Coordination Unit and Finance Department of Moe. The Finance Officer will be responsible for all the financial matters of GPE Program with proper coordination with PED office at provincial level.
• Maintain current Knowledge about the MoE strategic programs, in particular GPE Program so that it could be easy to make payment and expenditures accordingly and ensure that all financial management components of projects are implemented according to donor and government’s finance and expenditure law and regulations.
• Understand the development and ordinary budget procedures of MoE.
• Follow up and control of all expenses, make payments according to approved work plan and procurement plan and reject payments that contrast to IRoA Law or the approved plan.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a proper filing system for financial records of development and ordinary budget in the PED and submit the records when required to MoE central.
• Submit the financial report monthly, quarterly and whenever required according to the format for the project funded through the government and donors.
• Record all the transaction taking place and reconcile expenditure, balances payment statements.
• Maintain accurate records of funds transferred and expenditures made under the projects of MoE and donors.
• Process all payments to individual consultants and reconciliation of bank accounts and petty cash regularly.
• Prepare annual budget for the provincial education directorate in coordination to the director and others according to the rules and regulations.
• Design short term trainings for capacity building of the financial staff of the provincial education directorate.
• Assist in facilitating and coordinating external, internal, donor or government audits when required.
• Promote and improve computer literacy and use ICT in the provincial education department, provide guidance to finance staff based in the provincial education.
• Capacity building of the civil servants.
• Ensure that funds are spent and managed according to the goals of GPE program.
• Priority should be given to all the financial activities of GPE program.
• Other duties as assigned by the Provincial Education director or GPE Coordination Unit.
The Finance Officer will be based in Provincial Education Directorate and will report to GPE Coordination Unit, Provincial Education Directorate office and Finance Directorate of Ministry of Education.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, team work, & presentation skills are required. Ability to communicate effective & maintain rapport with all level of employees is required. Excellent computer skills-Word, EXCEL, power point; plus the ability to quickly learn various on reporting systems is required.
The applicant must have University or equivalent degree from recognized Institute in Accounting/Finance or related Field.
• Understand and have enough information about financial management, procurement and Tax Law of IGoA.
• Excellent knowledge and experience in office packages.
• At least 3 years working experience in Finance/Operation.
• Excellent writing and speaking of Pashto, Dari & English
Afghanistan – Khost
Afghanistan – Oruzgan
Afghanistan – Zabul
Afghanistan – Ghowr
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by submitting the your CV and Cover Letter to the following email address:
To facilitate the review
• Please indicate the vacancy number only (MoE/GPE/16026) in the subject of the email, otherwise your CV will be considered.
• Please include names and contact information for two references.
• MOE/GPE/16026 is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
• Applications received after the closing date (014-Jan-2017) will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates will be notified or contacted.
- Experience3 Years
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Contract DurationShort term
- Vaccancy NumberMoE/GPE/16026
- Number of positions4