U.S. Embassy Kabul Afghanistan
This position is part of the Counter narcotics (CN) Team with the International Narcotics & Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) section in Embassy Kabul. Incumbent serves as the Project Management Specialist for INL’s Alternative Development and Livelihood Programs; Incumbent plans, develops, manages, oversees, coordinates, and implements program activities with director-level Afghan government officials and implementing partners. This individual also will support and implement INL’s new Alternative Development and Livelihood Programs, known as CBARD-W and CBARD-SE respectively.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Employee must be able to problem-solve, establish work patterns that support multi-tasking, develop effective work plans, and innovate new approaches and procedures. Employee must have computer skills that permit effective internet research and use of the Microsoft Office Suite (include Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). Must interpret and translate effectively. Must possess professional communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicants must address required qualifications criteria listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: University degree (4 years) in any of the following disciplines: agriculture, economics, or business required.
U.S. Embassy Kabul Human Resources Office VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Program Management Specialist FSN – 10 Announcement Number: 17 – 001
2. EXPERIENCE: Minimum five years of experience is required as a Program Assistant, or similar duties, in agriculture, economics, or alternative development is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level 4 (fluent) English is required. Level 4 (fluent) Dari is required. Level 3 (good working knowledge) Pashto is required.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Employee must be able to problem-solve, establish work patterns that support multi-tasking, develop effective work plans, and innovate new approaches and procedures. Employee must have computer skills that permit effective internet research and use of the Microsoft Office Suite (include Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). Must interpret and translate effectively. Must possess professional communication and interpersonal skills.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Employee must demonstrate familiarity with INL program goals and objectives, and have a strong understanding of CN issues, Afghan politics, and project and program management and implementation activities. Must have a working understanding of INL and CN program successes and failures, and Afghan government CN strategies and policy. Employee must be able to navigate Afghanistan’s bureaucracy, with a strong understanding of the political climate, power balance, and security environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office, U.S. Embassy Kabul
Subject line must be: (Program Management Specialist VA 17 – 001) or your application may not be considered.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
- Experience5 Years
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Contract DurationParmanent
- Vaccancy Number17 - 001
- Number of positions1
Related Jobs (9)
- Provincial Business Development Services Providers on March 14, 2017 Full Time