Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is responsible for organizing and pursuing Afghanistan foreign relations with other countries, international and regional organizations.
MoFA seeks to design and follow Afghanistan’s interest in international arena on a wide variety of issues such as bilateral and multilateral political and economic cooperation, cultural interactions and through playing an active role in regional and international frameworks.
Network Engineer is responsible to design, implement, maintain and support out growing network infrastructure and will be part of the system engineering team which is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintain, highly available network architecture that meet organization objective.
1. Configure and install various network devices and services like: (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Servers, VPN)
2. Prepare weekly report of IT department
3. Responsible for network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches and security configurations.
4. Monitor system performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
5. Select and implement security tools, policies and procedures in conjunction with the security team.
6. Other duties as assigned by the Chief IT Manager.
7. Responsible for solving complex, cross-functional issues reported to IT Manager.
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Dari/ Pashto.
• Experience with Microsoft and Cisco products
• Must have basic knowledge of current technologies available in the IT world
• Experience and/or knowledge of various networking systems concepts including email, firewall, client ‐servers, network security, network protocols, etc
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task is required.
• At least 4 years of related experience
• Familiar with PABX and VoIP telephone systems
• Knowledge fiber-optic systems.
• Able to work under the pressure
• Team Work
• Able to work after official hours if required
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer science.
• Microsoft MCSE and MCSA Certified
• Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE/Security Certified
• Experience with Linux (CentOS, Linux)
• CEH Certified
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications by the following e-mail.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Contract Duration1 Year
Vaccancy NumberNetwork Engineer
Number of positions1