Swedish Committe for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
Provide curative services to patients according to EPHS
- Counsel and educate patients, the family and community, in relevant areas of health
- Obtain specialized assistance as necessary
- Share knowledge, skill and expertise with medical, midwifery and nursing students and all professional staff concerning their job requirements.
- Perform limited, select administrative duties such as patient charting, recording and reporting of data, clinic and/or facility management, or coordination of specific educational programs.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative; safety, environmental, and infection prevention standards.
- Participate in provision of 24-hour, six-day maternity service, which may require evening, night.
- Supervise and monitor all the activities of internal medical IPD and OPD
- Participate in morning report and OPD
- Participate in IPD visit , Diagnosis and treatment
- Stay for night duty according to plan and schedule of night duty of PH
- Identify and report immediately any problem which interfere in the delivery of services or in achieving the program objectives to Hospital Medical director
- Identify and report immediately any suspected epidemic cases
- Participate in weekly meeting of Provincial Hospital to share information and discuss the program progress.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduated from recognized university as a Medical Doctor
- At least three years’ experience in Internal medicine specialization
- Good communication skills (written & spoken) of Pashto, Dari, and basic English will be a strong advantage
- Basic computer knowledge is an advantage
- Able to work independently and under the stressful conditions
- Be an Afghan national
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line (Medical Specialist,HRM/CRMO 2/017). Otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
- Experience3 Years
- QualificationMedical Degree
- Contract DurationProject based
- Vaccancy NumberHRM/CRMO 2/017
- Number of positions1