Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is responsible for organizing and pursuing Afghanistan’s foreign relations with other countries, international and regional organizations.
MoFA seeks to design and follow Afghanistan’s interest in international arena on a wide variety of issues such as bilateral and multilateral political and economic cooperation, cultural interaction and through playing an active role in regional and international frameworks.
Ministry of Foreign Affair is seeking to hire a Finance Officer to support the Finance Manager and operation team for a full-time position based in Kabul.
The Finance Officer closely works with the Finance Manager to ensure that all legal procedures of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan are followed and international finance standards are considered.
Duration: The Duration of position would be for one year with a 3-month probationary period.
1. Preparing monthly payrolls in coordination with Human Resources and Finance departments according government procedures.
2. Provide technical assistance to the field staff in data collection, computerizing, review and analyzing of documents.
3. Prepare all financial reports.
4. Record financial transactions by using accounting software application package.
5. Prepare contracts for short and long-term projects and staff.
6. Analyze program operation data in a way to contribute with sound management decision making.
7. Knowledge of financial law, rules and regulations the government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
8. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate for the position of Finance Officer should meet the following requirement:
• University Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or equivalent qualification. (master s’ degree with 3 years reverent working experience or 5 years relevant experience with Bachelor degree respectively);
• Languages: Fluency in Dari/Pashto and working knowledge in English language.
• Strong oral and writing communication skills.
• Computer skill: Ms. Office (Word, Excel…)
• Able to work independently and also as a team member
Interested candidates should submit their applications by the following e-mail:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Experience5 Years
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Contract DurationPermanent
- Vaccancy Number001
- Number of positions2