Action Aid International Afghanistan:
ActionAid International is a global federation committed to find sustainable solutions to end poverty and injustice. With more than 45 national members and country programmes worldwide, ActionAid focuses its resources on working with millions of the poorest and most excluded women, men, girls and boys – making long-term commitments to advance their human rights and transform the world in which everybody can have a life with dignity. ActionAid International is collectively governed by all its members, supported by an International Secretariat in Johannesburg. The Asia Regional Office is situated in Bangkok, Thailand, providing managerial, governance and technical support to eleven country programs across Asia. Action Aid’s worldwide work is guided by our international strategy document titled “People’s Action to End Poverty 2012-2017”, focusing on rights based approach by challenging unequal power relations that causes poverty and inequality.
Action Aid started its work in Afghanistan in 2002. In 2006, Action aid Afghanistan committed itself to long term work with poor and excluded sections of the society through the human rights based development approach. The new country strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘Empowering People to End Poverty for the period 2012-2017 focuses in ending violence against women and girls; improving resilient food security; protecting children; promoting girl child education and advancing grassroots democratic governance. Women and girls’ needs are central to all of Action Aid’s work. Program operations are spread over the provinces of Bamyan, Jawzjan, Balkh, Kabul and Herat impacting lives of over 300,000 people. The country office is located in Kabul. Around 180 staff including technical experts and sector specialists are contributing to realizing our mission in the country. Our global standards in security, finance, procurement, human resources, partnership and accountability define our local policies and practices.
Ensure quality financial management in the programs through servicing LRPs and donor funded projects: Collaborate with LRPs Coordinators in preparing annual budget for their LRPs including provision for administration
- Coordinate financial projection plan for programs and projects and organize timely disbursement of funds either monthly/quarterly as per this projection
- Systematic and periodic field level checks on activities carried out in the community, money reaching out to community members, quality documentation.
- Servicing Donor funded projects
- Review expenditure pattern with budget holders and follow up quality utilization
- Ensure proper system of maintaining the finance archive
- Periodic appraisal of financial transactions of PSU with T codes, bank and cash reconciliation
- Provide feedback, through team reflection, for changes in financial policies and procedures, if found required
Managing systems of accountability at PSU office to enhance efficiency: Enforcing financial standards as per the AA Financial Policies and Procedures Manual and in line with donor policies.
- Monitor updating of cash book, bank book (Pivot table) and verify physical cash at regular intervals.
- Monitor pay roll management and compliance to procedures of staff contracts and attendance reports
- Monitor compliance to procedures of vehicle and other service contracts and monthly attendance
- Coordinate and support internal/external audit
- Participate in PMT meetings, staff meetings and need based security meeting to:
- Appraise members on expenditure pattern in programs and projects for follow up
- Clarify staff on finance related queries and respond accordingly
Compliance with statutory requirements: Monitor the deduction of tax at source for rental, consultancy and procurement and ensure their timely remittance to government.
- Review reports of strategic focal persons to government sectors – agriculture, women’s rights
- Participation in meetings convened by economic department of provincial administration
- Review monthly financial reports, give feedback and keep track of their remittances
- Need based guidance and capacity building of partner finance staff
- Orientation on financial policies and procedures to new finance staff
- Need based guidance to finance staff on AA and donor finance policies.
- Compliance to reporting for AAA and SUN system
- BBA degree in Accounting, Finance or Management
- Experience of more than 1 year in Financial management;
- Ability to interpret financial information and produce finance reports
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Experience with excel and spreadsheets
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer offering a collegial working environment. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of 3 referees (including telephone and email address).
Please DO NOT attach academic transcripts and Diplomas and states the applied position and vacancy number in the email subject or on the left -side of the envelope. Interested candidates are invited to submit applications before 18th January, 2017 to ActionAid Afghanistan-Human Resources Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be invited for the Interview
- Experience2 Years
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Salary26000 AFS
- Contract DurationTill March 2017
- Vaccancy Number584
- Number of positions1