Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany’s biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
• Oversee the overall financial of the programme in Samangan Office;
• Maintain complete set of books of account according to the principle of accounting – Winpaccs and update it on daily basis. Also, keep record of the disbursement made from WHH on behalf of the programme. Ensure accuracy of supporting documents;
• Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances.
• Follow up on the activities and monitor advance balances of resource disbursed, verify availability of funds for programme activities and recommend for changes in budget line if needed. Draft budget for budget revision;
• Supervise vouchers and process payments for all the financial transaction and process payment request to WHH country office;
• Prepare and submit periodic financial reports for submission through the Finance Manager to WHH-HQ,COO-WHH and Ministry of Economy and Finance of Afghanistan;
• Provide support to prepare annual and quarterly work plans and budgets in consultation with the programme manager and Area Coordinator;
• Manage annual audit exercise, prepare audit follow-up action plans, and ensure that the action plan is implemented;
• Oversee the financial management of Samangan Office and implementing partners, including internal audit (if needed);
• Prepare monthly shadow budget for tracking the delivery of the programme;
• Provide technical assistance to implementing partners in financial management;
• Checking partner monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy, correctness and completeness, before sharing with Kabul,
• Follow up and update the liquidity plan with the Area coordinator,
• In cooperation with the area coordinator Drafting the new budget for the new project when needed,
• Acting as Cashier
• Any other task finance related requested by the finance manager and or Area coordinator, Country director
• Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accountant
• 5 Years’ Experience with INGO
The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form to the following email address (Candidate can download form from http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) and HR Database will not accept the resume of applicant.
Note: Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
Please put the vacancy number in your email title or otherwise your email will reject from resume database.
- Experience5 Years
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Contract Duration1 year (Extendable )
- Vaccancy NumberWHH/AFG/SMN/159
- Number of positions1