Salam Watandar Radio Network (SW), which is the main radio-network branch of Salam
Afghanistan Media Organization (SAMO), is a national radio network providing news, information and entertainment to the people of Afghanistan through a network of 68 locally owned and operated radio stations in 34 provinces with the capacity to reach over 20 million listeners across the country. Established in 2003, SW is an independent, non- partisan and non-governmental organization (NGO) registered in Afghanistan. Throughout its history, the station has vocalized and connected the voices and aspirations of its listeners from urban centers to rural areas across Afghansitan.
Salam Watandar Vision:
The vision of SW is to be the national network of choice for Afghans for the purposes of obtaining news, information and entertainment throughout the country; to affirm and empower voices from all regions of Afghanistan so that Afghans are more active and informed citizens; and to engage with and enrich our audiences, partners and, more importantly, the people of Afghanistan.
Salam Watandar Mission:
Salam Watandar mission is to build and sustain a vast audience for our national network of independent radio stations by: creating outstanding, value-affirming programming; and producing exceptional results for our stakeholders through the effective use of our media resources and the creativity, skills and integrity of our employees.
Job‘s Summery of Female Journalist
Journalists are responsible for the audio content of broadcasts via radio, the internet and other mobile platforms. They are involved in the entire process, from generating ideas to managing the audience response after a program. Journalists manage and work with broadcasting assistants, presenters and DJs, engineers and IT staff. They may also be responsible for the business and commercial management of a program. Journalists also may need to work as reporter whenever it is necessary. Wherever they work, they are part of a digital revolution which is having a profound impact on the way in which radio is produced and accessed.
Typical work activities for Female Journalist
Specific responsibilities vary depending on the program and station, and Journalists may sometimes also take on the roles of presenters or reporters and producer, but typical tasks include:
• Conducting research on social and political issues;
• Developing content, writing material for scripts, bulletins and links;
• Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees;
• Selecting music and jingles appropriate for programs to the audience;
• Conducting pre-production meetings and presenting and justifying the developed topic, researched material and background details to the programs committee in bi – weekly meetings;
• Establishing rapport with guests, inviting them to the programs, interviewing them on matters pertinent to the program, editing where necessary and working closely with the Programs Editor where required, and reporting duties;
• Presenting programs or managing presenters for both pre-recorded and recorded output;
• Well awareness on the media laws in Afghanistan and ensuring to operate within their boundary;
• Converting text files, graphics, video and audio files into other formats;
• Contributing to and making use of an archive of audio resources which can be re- used;
• Responding to audience feedback involving other departments where necessary;
• Producing and making use of user-generated content;
• Using technology such as Cool Edit Pro, Pro Tools and Adobe Audition, for editing and production purposes;
• Being able to conduct research on range of issues and sectors, i.e. agriculture, politics, economy, education, employment, healthcare, infrastructure and women & minorities rights
• Research, design and develop key questions on each theme – agriculture, democracy, economy, education, employment, healthcare, infrastructure and women & minorities rights
• Edit recorded interviews and extract excerpts on themes identified above to produce final thematic programs;
• Continuously monitor and evaluate the quality of programming to ensure compliance with the best practices
• Analyze and collect information through various sources to prepare pertinent editorial reports;
• Closely monitor daily events locally, nationally and internationally and prepare brief reports on day to day happenings
• Responsible to get the updated news/information from reliable sources
• Ensure accuracy of news/information from reliable sources and accept responsibility for disseminating news/information
• Write news, feature stories and other assignment in local languages (Dari or Pashto)
• To meet deadlines.
• Attend daily meetings and staff meetings to keep abreast of the latest developments of other colleagues
• Perform other related duties as required;
Has the ability to establish rapport quickly and effectively with new people/contacts; Maintains and strengthen existing relationships with stakeholders and VIPs; Works harmoniously with teams in other departments and has the ability to respect confidentiality; Understands demands of the job and is able to produce under stress ; Is an easy going individual and can get along with his/her colleagues; Can respect the rules and regulations of the organization regardless of personal beliefs; is proactive and responsible, and takes initiative without having to be instructed at all times;
• University Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, or equivalent work experience
• At least 3 years of experience with media, particularly radio;
• Familiar with programs/news editing software
• Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English
Interested candidates, Afghan nationals, should submit their updated CV along with a cover letter stating your goals and interest for the position as advertised. Please forward your application to the given submission emails address.
Also, please mention the vacancy number and name of the position in the subject line of your email devoid of which, your application may not be consider.
- Experience3 Years
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Contract DurationLong Term
- Vaccancy Number01102017
- Number of positions1