National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP), Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestoc:
NHLP is to promote adoption of improved production practices by target farmers, with gradual rollout of farmer-centric agricultural services mechanisms and investment support. Service delivery centered on farmers would lead in practice to increased participation of beneficiaries both in the definition of services required and in the delivery itself, as well as improved ratio of overall costs reaching beneficiaries as direct investments, in order to promote sustainability and efficiency.
The project would contribute to the overarching goal of increased productivity and overall production of horticultural products and improved animal production and health. The technical strategy for achieving this objective is based on the delivery of extension and investment support through strengthened mechanisms. The National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP) would have three components: (1) Horticultural Production, (2) Animal Production and Health, and (3) Implementation Management and Technical Assistance Support. These activities would be implemented in 100 focus districts spread over time as conditions warrant in up to 22 target provinces.
Note: NHLP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement for the other regions too. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with NHLP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Senior Procurement Specialist, the Contract Management Officer will carry out following task, but not limited to:
- Assist with the effective implementation of supply contracts, with an aim to achieve probity and proper performance of obligations by both parties.
- Implement operational plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), initiatives and projects relating to contract compliance and management. Provide inputs on budget and acquisition planning.
- Support the procurement process including providing input to SOWs, presentations, development of technical evaluation criteria, assistance with evaluation of vendor proposals and guidance during contract formulation, draft and negotiation.
- Implement the quality assurance plan to provide a systematic, structured method to evaluate services and products.
- Ensure to maintain the system for the effective management of all contracts entered by National Horticulture and Livestock Project. This system is to include all goods, works, non-consultancy and consultancy contracts.
- Maintain all documentation, work schedules and correspondence between procurement entity and contractor;
- Ensure timely issuance of notice to Contractors;
- Ensure that Variation Order (VO) and/or Change Orders are issued in a timely manner;
- Ensure that construction schedules are regularly monitored;
- Ensure the contractor has deployed the requisite machinery and manpower as required in the bid documents and the contracts;
- Ensure that time extension are issued before the contractual completion dates;
- Any tasks assigned by the supervisor
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, development studies, project management, or a related field from a recognized university is required.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience specifically in contract management;
- Ability in computer operation with experience of working independently;
- Must possess excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Note: NHLP is an equal opportunities employer and encourages, in addition to men, qualified women to apply.
Please submit your updated resumes along with a cover letter quoting the Job Title and how this job is suitable to him/her to the attention of NHLP Operations Manager, or email it to
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
No later than 19 January 2017. The interview date/s and venue will be intimated once the short listing is completed.
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Contract DurationProject based
Number of positions1
Related Jobs (7)
Procurement, Maintenance & General services Manager on January 8, 2017 Full Time